2010 LuxeMom Baby Shower Gift Guide
Looking for a unique (but useful) gift for that mom-to-be in your life? Check out these off-the-beaten path baby shower gift picks. Tried and loved by our LuxeMom crew these are sure to be essential conversation pieces.
1. The Woombie. A peanut-shaped swaddler for your little peanut. Made of stretchy fabric, the Woombie comfortably and safely swaddles your little one. The first night I used this with my wee one, she slept for 6 hours straight! We can’t wait for the Woombie with legs that is debutting in July.
2. GaGa Onesie – from Pipsqueak on Etsy. We love love love clever onesie finds. Trust us, you can NEVER have too many great onesies. We thought this one would be perfect for you own little lady GaGa. They also offer other super clever, super fabulous onesies. Be sure to check them out here!
3. Fortune Cookie Baby Booties – from sushibooties on Etsy. These absolutely crack us up! Made of soft fleece with extra no-slippy grippe soles make them functional and useful. But the fact that you can personalize the fabric fortunes that are sewn in makes this a truly unique gift. Fortune Cookie Baby Booties come in a To-go box perfect for gift giving. You are sure to make a hit with these! Check out their other hilarious booties here.
4. Mommy and Baby Activity Gifts – Help your soon to be mommy friend bond with their lil’ bundle of love with a Mommy and Baby Activity Gift. Two of our favorites are:
LuxeMom Baby Massage Gift – Baby massage is an ancient tradition across cultures that helps promote bonding between parent and child. It also helps the babe with self soothing and potentially better sleep (there’s no greater gift than that!). Build a gift to include: California Baby Massage Oil, a Baby Massage Book or video and a pass to a local baby massage class (Loving Touch is a great resource or do a Google Search to find one near you).
LuxeMom Mommy & Baby Yoga Gift – Your dear ol’ friend will be hoping to get back to her dear ol’ physical self as soon as she can but it’s hard. Help her relax, get in shape and bond with her baby all at once. Build a gift to include: Quite Contrary Baby Yogini Set, a fresh new mat for your gal and a pass to 5 Local Mommy and Me Baby Classes. She’ll be sure to say ‘Om Shanti Om’!
5. Custom Blanket and Burp Cloth by no whining pleez!– There are a lot of blankets out there BUT few that have such great fabrics to choose from. We love no whining pleez! not just because we agree with the scentiment but because they have beautiful blankets to boot. I use mine every single day as a play mat – it’s great to cover the couch, the bed or the floor for some good ol’ fashion tummy time. Check out their line here.
6. Kit out her stroller with the Hook ‘n’ Stroll Stroller hook and the Liquid Holster – Every mom spends a lot of time with the stroller, make her errand running that much easier with this cool hook that will swivel 360 degrees and holds up to 11 pounds. The Liquid Holster® is tip-proof, ensuring that your beverage moves with the stroller with each step. Finally, a way to avoid the mad dashes to clean your yoga pants of all things coffee!
7. Personalized Onesies from Restoration Hardware – For your traditional mom-to-be RH’s high quality line of baby apparel will fit the bill. We are particularly fond of the organic collection they offer – cuz you know, we like that organic stuff. And even better yet, you can personalize each piece with either name or initials.
8. PeePee TeePees. Perfect for mom and dad’s of little boys looking to avoid that extra bit of ‘luv’ during a diaper change. That and they make us giggle like schoolgirls.
9. My Angel Handstamped Necklace by sayanythingjewelry at Etsy. Every mom anticipates the arrival of their angel baby with tremendous excitement. This is a wonderful way to keep that sweet angel close to you with this personalized necklace. We love the Rock and Roll look. It’s actually a piece we would wear everyday!
10. Beautiful Baby Album – We love Paper Source for their updated styles of baby photo albums. Gone are the days of fluffy bunnies and kittens. They have a great selection of albums sure to please the updated modern mom.